Admission to Undergraduate Programmes (B.Tech. 2013)
To register for Admission to B.Tech 2013, visit
Registration open from 20 May, 2013 to 10 July, 2013
IIST currently offers B.Tech programmes in Aerospace Engineering, Avionics and Physical Sciences.
1. B.Tech. (AEROSPACE ENGINEERING) : is a 4-year undergraduate degree programme oriented towards the needs of space technology, and has significant overlap with Mechanical Engineering, including Mechanical Design and Manufacturing Sciences, and Space Dynamics. This is similar to programmes of the same title available in many reputed Institutions in India and abroad.
People with B.Tech. degree in Aerospace Engineering can further specialize in Flight Mechanics, Aerodynamics, Thermal and Propulsion, Structure and Design, and Manufacturing Science. …………..more
2. B.Tech. (AVIONICS) : is a 4-year undergraduate degree programme comprising of subjects of study in Electronics and Communications Engineering programmes, in addition to study of Advanced Electronics in Digital Communication, Control Systems and Computer Systems used in Aerospace Systems.
People with B.Tech. degree in Avionics can later specialize in areas like DSP, RF & Communication, Antenna, Power Electronics, Micro Electronics, Control Systems etc. …………….more
3. B.Tech. (PHYSICAL SCIENCES) : is a 4-year undergraduate degree programme oriented towards application of basic sciences in Space Science and Technology. The programme lays a strong foundation in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, and gives exposure to important applications of space technology such as Remote Sensing and GIS, Astronomy and Astrophysics, and Earth System Sciences.
People with B.Tech. degree in Physical Sciences can later specialize in areas like Atmospheric and Ocean Sciences, Solid Earth Science, Astronomy and Astrophysics, Remote Sensing & GIS, and Chemical Systems. ……………more
The total number of seats for the undergraduate programmes in IIST is 156. The branch-wise distribution of seats is as follows:
B.Tech. in Aerospace Engineering: 60 seats B.Tech. in Avionics: 60 seats
B.Tech. in Physical Sciences: 36 seats
Reservation of Seats
Candidates belonging to certain categories are admitted to seats reserved based on relaxed criteria, as per applicable rules of the Government of India. Categories included are:
* Scheduled Castes (SC).
* Scheduled Tribes (ST).
* Other Backward Castes (OBC) belonging to Non-Creamy Layer (NCL).
* Persons with Disability (PD).