Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) envisions the integration of Space Technology and Space Science educational programs with basic and applied research for meeting the national R&D requirements of science and technology in general and of the Indian Space Programme in particular. The institute provides a vibrant research atmosphere and offers doctoral and postdoctoral programmes.
Applications are invited from highly motivated candidates for Post Doctoral Fellowship Programme in various frontier research areas of Aerospace Engineering, Avionics, Chemistry and Physics.
- Post-doctoral fellowship is Rs. 40,000 per month (all inclusive).
- Short listed applicants will be invited to present a seminar on the topic of research followed by discussion with a specialist committee.
- The specialist committee will make their recommendation/ ranking the PDF applicants in each research area in the order of merit.
- The PDF is initially awarded for one year and is extendable to a second year based on the review of the progress of the research work by the end of the first year by an expert committee.
- Outstation candidates will be paid to and fro 3 AC class train fare by shortest route, or actual fare (whichever is less) for attending the seminar / discussion
How to Apply
- Click to download Application Form
- Duly filled-in application form along with attested copies of documents mentioned in the application form should be sent to The Senior Administrative Officer, Recruitment and Review Section, IIST, Valiamala Post, Thiruvananthapuram – 695547 with the superscription “Application for IIST PDF Programme- January 2015”.
- Applications in the prescribed format will be received until 31st January, 2015.
- Applicants are required to submit a research proposal within the frame work of the area advertised for the PDF. The research proposal should be of 3 to 5 pages and should contain the following information.
- Brief statement of the problem
- Aim of the research project
- Review of relevant literature
- Preparatory work of the candidate
- Brief outline of the methodology and steps in the execution of the project
- Relevant bibliography
- While preparing the research proposal the prospective candidates are advised to go through the specified area of PDRO placed at our website www.iist.ac.in. For any clarification in this regard the applicant may contact the concerned IIST faculty identified in the PDRO.
IIST Currently Offers Post-doctoral Fellowships in the following areas
||Area of Research Opportunity
||Delay Tolerant Networking
||Dr. B. S. Manoj, Associate Professor, Dept. of Avionics.
||Nanofiber composities for structural and energy storage application.
||Dr. Nirmala Rachel James, Associate Professor, Dept. of Chemistry.
||High-Speed unsteady flow past spiked blunt bodies
||Dr. Manoj T Nair, Associate Professor, Dept. of Aerospace Engineering.
||Study of atmospheric turbulence with applications in cryptography
||Dr. J Solomon Ivan, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Physics
Applicant should be an Indian citizen
32 years as on last date receipt of application. Age relaxation applicable as per Govt. Rules.
- Ph.D in the relevant area and first class or equivalent at the Masters level. Applicants, whose Doctoral Degree was received more than five years ago as on the last date for receipt of application, are not eligible for consideration.